There is a reason the people of India have a much lower rate of disease and cancer, according to Dr. Bharat B Aggarwal, and that is because of lifestyle choices including the spices they eat.
“Spices contain compounds that fight oxidation and inflammation, the two processes underlying most chronic diseases, including cancer,” he said in an interview with the India Times, furthermore, he stated that the spice turmeric, when taken in supplemental form Curcumin, is as effective, and more so than many pharmaceutical drugs without the side effects.
“Once, my former colleagues and I had compared curcumin with anti-inflammatory and pain-killing medications, as well as with cancer drugs. Curcumin proved to be more effective at reducing inflammation than over-the-counter aspirin and ibuprofen, and as effective as the more powerful drug Celebrex. It also proved as effective in thwarting breast cancer cells as tamoxifen, a drug widely used to stop its spread or recurrence,” said Dr. Aggarwal, founder director of the Anti-inflammation Research Institute, San Diego.
Dr. Aggarwal also spearheaded the clinical trials at MD Anderson Cancer Research Center at The University of Texas involving curcumin and Multiple Myeloma cancer and found the herbal supplement actually killed the myeloma cancer cells when the disease was until then deemed “incurable.”
These spectacular results were recently reported on in the British press spotlighting Dieneke Ferguson and the curing of her own case of multiple myeloma through the Texas study’s curcumin protocol. The results of Ms. Ferguson’s case was also examined and published in the British Medical Journal as she had spent five years undergoing standard medical protocol for the disease with worsening results – after all of this she was given less than a year to live, but didn’t give up and began the curcumin on her own accord.
It is the exact product that killed myeloma cancer cells during the clinical trial in the Texas study, and that which Ms. Ferguson has been using to cure her own cancer that is being recommended here:
Doctor’s Best Curcumin From Turmeric Root with C3 Complex & Bioperine, 1000 mg, 120 Tablets
This is formulated with three active curcuminoids, thus C3 Complex. The three curcumins combined had a greater effect than an equal amount of curcumin, which has led some scientists to claim a synergistic effect from the combination. The Bioperine is added for better absorption – studies have found that the bioavailability of curcumin to the body is almost nil unless combined with Bioperine (black pepper extract).
- Structurally modified and optimized to become useful pharmacological agents
- Enhances the solubility and stability to increase its therapeutic potential
It has been shown that 2 grams per day of Curcumin C3 Complex & Bioperine is effective as an anti-inflammatory, and for more severe problems with doses up to 8 grams per day.
The Texas study with myeloma participants used doses of 8 grams per day and is a dose that is recognized as being safe with few side effects (more is not necessarily better, however; talk with your doctor about higher doses).
Ms. Ferguson takes 8 grams per day on an empty stomach each day in order to model the Texas clinical trial and results.
Another Myeloma survivor also mirroring the Texas study, and blogging of her results is Margaret who takes 8 grams split between 4 grams before lunch, and 4 grams before dinner every day as an attempt to keep the curcumin in her system for longer periods. Both ladies take their capsules with water only – no fat (some have reported consuming with fat will help increase absorption).
Price $44.09 / Auto-ship price $41.89 (120ct/ 1,000mg)
For the 8g/day protocol, the best price on Amazon would be to auto-ship 2 120 ct containers each month (1000mg capsule = 1 gram. 8g/day x 30 days = 240) $41.89 120 ct x 2.
Curcumin Possible Side effects
- Gastrointestinal issues may occur and reports suggest to begin with lower doses and increase over a few weeks.
- Gall Bladder – Not to be used if there are gallstones present
- Curcumin may increase bleeding risk with antiplatelet and anticoagulant agents and decrease the efficacy of vinblastine, ciprofloxacin, and cotrimoxazole
- Ask your doctor if you should take curcumin
More Curcumin Research Results
Besides the Myeloma results, other cancers have seen optimistic results in curcumin studies as of 2015; per Cancer Research UK:
“A number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin does have anticancer effects. It seems to be able to kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing.” Significant results were seen with:
- Breast cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Skin cancer
- May have antitumor function in pancreatic cancer
- May slow the growth of gastrointestinal cancers including esophageal, mouth, intestinal, stomach and colon.
Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory abilities have also been studied:
- Symptoms of ulcerative colitis, and mucositis reduced
- Decreases prostate specific antigen levels, and reduced risk of prostate cancer
- Promote kidney function
- Benefits to joint health and significant reductions in symptoms of osteoarthritis after 8 months
- Reductions of symptoms associated with Crohns Disease
- Associated with suppression of inflammation, angiogenesis, tumorigenesis, and diabetes, and with therapeutic effects in diseases of the cardiovascular, pulmonary and neurological systems and of skin and liver.
Please leave a comment or feel free to contact me if you have questions